Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Sleeper

Down in a dark and twisted mind
I struggle for joy, truth to find.
All around black bears roam
Deep in the valley I call home.

I shake from fear and mourn for death,
Blackness surrounds, I gasp for breath,
Falling into another hole.
Tears well up, down my face to roll.

Lonliness is but a factor.
Reaping my soul, life's cruel tractor.
Kick the habit, another found.
Tricks of the past churn up my ground.

Ice cold pain fills an empty chest.
Bring up skeletons, long at rest.
Laughter screams out of quests so dire,
A banshee howl ringed of blue fire.

A once proud man becomes a shell,
Fight the demons of my own hell.
The Sleeper cries out, "End it all!",
But never again will I fall.

Women try to cure these foul ills:
A hug, a peck, darkness give chills.
Alone in my heart; broken sphere.
Run and hide from evil here.

Got laid again, but still the same.
Alone, eventhough she remain.
Sleep comes slowly, darkness creeps in,
Grief present, where does joy begin?

Should I not feel spiritual bliss
After a quest such as this?
Why do I cry in hope profound,
To see only empty around.

Hear music of sorrow and pain,
Bleed out false hopes, just in vain.
Happiness is a memory,
Ten hours of facade is easy.

Round and round, the dark whirlpool flows
Drowning my spirit in gray snows.
Quiet the night in grim disappear,
Pull of the Sleeper so unrare.

7.4.97-7.5.97

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counter